Leaving a minimal environmental footprint is in perfect synchronicity with our manufacturing philosophy at Canfab Packaging. “Reduce, reuse, and recycle” is more than just a corporate slogan; it’s the principle that guides our operations. Here are a few examples of how Canfab strives to be environmentally conscious:
Our raw materials
• Paperboard, one of the main components of our product, is made from 100% post-consumer and post-industrial reclaim.
• The steel we use in producing our metal parts is made in part from recycled steel.
• The majority of the labels used on our products are printed using water-based inks and varnishes.
• The vast majority of the can bodies that we manufacture are biodegradable (excepting those with plastic glued-on tops).
• Our cans are completely recyclable in several cities, including the City of Toronto.
Our production and shipping process
• All our post-production waste, which consists mostly of paperboard and steel, is collected and resold to industrial recyclers.
• One of our main production facilities runs on electricity generated exclusively from hydro power.
• Because of the light weight and stacking advantages of our products, we always strive to optimize both occupied space and load weight during the transportation process.
• All lighting at our facilities have been changed to use electronic ballasts or LEDs, significantly reducing energy consumption.
• New air compressors were installed in our plants, further reducing energy consumption.
• Canfab has received the Gold Status Award for one of its production facilities from the Here We Recycle Program, managed by Recyc-Quebec.
• For other examples of our efforts towards sustainable manufacturing, consult our Recycled Materials Program, which is available upon request.
The future is clear…and clean.
Plastic containers are now ubiquitous worldwide, with a sheer and ever-increasing volume that results in most of them getting trashed. The subsequent environmental damage has companies looking for ways to reduce their plastic usage. Composite cans, such as we make at Canfab Packaging, provide an excellent alternative to plastics.
Working in harmony with nature is not only good for a company’s image, it’s a must to protect the planet for future generations. The antiquated way of thinking that more environmentally sound business practices equate to decreased profits is over.
So don’t just think green, DO green.